YOGA POSES FOR BACK PAIN
The western world suffers from back pains! The desk life is not what our body was designed to but did you know that there are ways to help ease back pains? For example, Yoga can help tremendously with back pains. If you are not the “do it myself” person you can watch this back-pain presentation. Here are some yoga poses for back pain, so you leave the mat feeling better:
- Cat/ Cow: This gentle, accessible backbend stretches and massages the spine. Practicing this pose stretches your torso, shoulders, and neck. It’s also said to massage your abdominal organs.
- Locust Pose: This gentle backbend helps relieve lower back pain and fatigue. It strengthens the back torso, arms, and legs. This pose promotes healthy digestion and helps alleviate constipation and flatulence.
- Downward Dog: This traditional forward bend can be restful or rejuvenating. Practicing this pose can help relieve back pain and sciatica. It helps to work out imbalances in the body and improves strength.
- Extended Triangle: This classic standing posture helps alleviate a backache, sciatica, and neck pain. It stretches your spine, hips, and groin, and strengthens your shoulders, chest, and legs. It may also help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Cobra Pose: This gentle backbend stretches your abdomen, chest, and shoulders. Practicing this pose strengthens your spine and soothes sciatica. It may also help to relieve stress and fatigue that can accompany back pain.
- Bridge Pose: This is a backbend and inversion that can be stimulating or restorative. It stretches the spine, relieves backaches, and reduces headaches. It may also help alleviate stress, mild depression, and anxiety.
- Child Pose: This gentle forward fold is the perfect way to relax and release tension in your neck and back. Your spine is lengthened and stretched. Child’s Pose also stretches your hips, thighs, and ankles. Practicing this pose can help relieve stress and fatigue.
Try this at home!